I look forward to fall every year. It is probably my most favorite time of year. I love being outside and the changing of the leaves and temperatures. I also like it because it leads to my second favorite time of year, Christmas!! So, be ready for a picture overload! A recap of our lives from Fall to Christmas!!
Of course we started off at some of our favorite pumpkin patches to pick up some fall goodies!
Mason and Max loved picking out their own pumpkins. They even helped pick out a few for Matthew and Miles :) Miles was not so sure about those big, orange things. First pumpkin patch visit for him!!
My attempt at a group photo. Always interesting!
We even got a chance to head down south for a visit with my greatest friend, Erica, and her family at Hubers. I love it there and the weather was awesome. We were the early birds and left before it got too crowded!
Photo courtesy of Mason.
We also headed down to Norris City for Dairy Days this year. The boys LOVE riding in the fire truck with Mamaw and Papaw. They are less thrilled about traveling in the car with us!
Mason, Max, Matthew, Parker and Mac helped Papaw wash the fire truck for the parade. I attempted to keep Gabby and Miles from eating mud.
Matthew really did enjoy riding the rides! Mac was a great co-pilot. Every year the boys get a little more brave on the rides and I get a little more stressed out. But, they love it and I love riding them as well.
Mason brought these photos to school for show and tell. I think they all love the fire trucks!
Max won this pumpkin at school and wanted to carve it just like the one they carve at MOPs. He remembered all the stories behind all the different cut-outs. Even the fish shaped mouth. He was so proud that we sent it to his MOPs teachers as well. They are such a blessings and we are ever so grateful for that program and all the care they give our kids!
And..we were lucky enough to have my sister and her family visit over Halloween as well. I think we did awesome getting all the guys looking at the camera at the same time! It was fun to have girlie costumes around our house too!
Another reason for my sister to visit on Halloween weekend was so we could do the Monumental Marathon/Half Marathon in Indy. She did the Marathon, I did the half, ha!! Brad and John were nice and let us stay overnight the night before in Indy so we didn't have to travel so early for the race. It was a little cold and I wore many layers! But it was a great race and so much fun to spend a little one-on-one time with Brandi.
And this happened...
We went over six years with having four boys and no ER visits. Max started the trend off. Poor guy was playing with some friends and hit his head on a toy block in the living room. I had just gotten home and we quickly turned around and headed to the ER. So thankful to my friend, Amy, for driving us there so we didn't have to take the entire family at 7:30 at night. Max did so great though and I am so proud of him. He hardly cried at all through the entire visit and did so well with his stitches. Taking care of them and even when they took them out. Even the ER staff commented on how brave he was!!
Which led to this...
Mason wrote this out school around Thanksgiving time. Right after Max got his stitches. I do believe they may care about each other!
Just a few of the notes we received over the November month. Mason made the left one for me and Miles school made the left. It will be hard to believe in the future his hands were so small!
Speaking of Miles, this little guy has grown so much over the October, November, December months. It's like he knew he was close to getting a year old and decided just to leap into new things.
He got a new haircut. His first time and he did awesome. Not even a tear. With these boys thick hair, haircuts are a regular thing at our house. He looked so grown up after.
When your the number four child you can sleep almost anywhere. Even in the living room amongst crazy noise and kids playing all around you!
Then he decided he would start trying to stand on his own and begin to cruise around a bit.
Being #4 has advantages too. Your older brothers can sneak you some of the good food!
A few randoms...
Matthew thought it was a great idea to use toilet paper as boxing gloves.
We got an early snow fall too. Miles so wanted to go outside with his brothers!
Mason started his second season of basketball. He has improved so much over the past year. He LOVES playing and it is so much fun to see his confidence grow. He is already talking about playing again next year.
Max and Mason also started tennis lessons. It is a half-hour class of learning the basics. They had seen the classes before at the gym where they take karate and wanted to try it out. I delayed for a while but we decided to give it a try. They both like it a lot and have asked to continue the group lessons. I'm all for them trying new things and I love the fact I never have to drag them to go. They are always excited and ready for the lessons.
Countdown to Christmas...
Our small church groups took turns manning the bell ringing for a night. It was a great experience and I look forward to doing it again next year. They entire family was there but only these two would pose for a picture for me!
And of course we visited Santa. Mason is hiding behind Brad!
Max in his school Christmas play and the awesome banner he made at school.
Timeless Santa picture. Sorry Miles.
The boys helped make goodies for the neighbors. They loved shaking the puppy chow mix!
Mason always thinking like a firefighter
Christmas 2014--
SO MUCH FUN!! I love the ages the boys are now and how much they love the holidays like I do. They truly get the meaning of Christmas and I love hearing them learn. Don't get me wrong, they love the present part as well, but I think they are starting to really understand the meaning of Christmas and the joy of giving.
And..it was this little man's First Christmas!! He is so adorable. It really does stink though that stores do not have "My First Christmas" clothes for those bigger than size 9 months. Really?!?! What about those chunky guys born right after Christmas!! I think he's pretty cute anyway!!
Our house after Santa arrived a few days early since we travel on Christmas Day.
Obligatory Christmas pictures. Although, I will continue the tradition and love that we started it!
(Mason 6, Max 5, Matthew 2, Miles 11 months)
The Christmas craziness...
Mason and Max got their first BB guns from my parents. They were excited beyond belief!!
Family!! We are truly blessed.

























































No comments:
Post a Comment