Saturday, May 17, 2014

Opening Day and...an end to the Soccer Season

The past few weeks have been, how do I say it nicely, just plain hectic. Mason and Max both wanted to play soccer and t-ball this year. My thought "okay, soccer should end then baseball begin so we should be good." Yeah right! What I didn't factor in was the t-ball practices WHILE soccer season was still in full swing. AND, because they are both in a different age group that meant different teams and different nights of practice. We pretty much had something every night of the week and Saturday mornings. Craziness. It IS really fun though to see them playing sports and having fun with other teammates. This year Mason expanded his comfort zone and really got into the games of both sports. Max, well, he was more interested in the social time. Making sure that the opposing team's coach noticed they airplanes flying over the soccer field :) From what I'm told at this age it is perfectly normal and not at all uncommon :) I do love going to all their games and cheering for them. Matthew and Miles tagged along like children #3 and #4. But, thank goodness the weather started to cooperate and they both loved being outside. I see very busy future years for us if the boys keep enjoying playing sports!

Opening Day for Baseball

 Miles enjoying the games. Matthew would rather be playing on the steps and in dirt!

The same day baseball season started, we marked an end to spring soccer. Mason really got into playing soccer this season and Max started to get the hang of it by the end. Really, Max this year was more interested in watching the airplanes in the air and playing on the sidelines. But, I hear that is normal for the first year :) Even if they both don't stick with playing either sport I am really proud of how they stuck with the season, always ready for practice and games, and playing the season until the end. Not giving up! Hoping we're teaching some life lessons in this crazy schedule of ours!

No comments: