Thursday, August 25, 2011

Beach Vacation!!

The first week in August we headed down to New Smyrna Beach (just south of Daytona) for a week of fun in the sun with my mom and dad.  What can you say about a vacation on the beach but WONDERFUL!! Mason and Max were hilarious on the beach.  It took a day for them to get used to the sand and ocean but after that day it was wave jumping, sand digging and well sand just about everywhere.  The beach where our condo was located was a drive-on beach, which I had never seen.  It did work out great for us because we could just drive the truck down to the beach spot  loaded with all our stuff.  No multiple trips from condo to sand just to bring down the million things we seemed to drag out every day.  This was the first trip to the beach for the boys that they could remember.  Mason had been at 3 months old at his first beach visit but it was the very first visit for Max.  "Vacation" brings on a whole new meaning with little one's. Gone are the days of lounging all day reading a book, possibly taking a nap listening to the waves crashing. I can imagine it now :) But, I would not have changed this vacation for anything. So I may have had more sand in my swimsuit than I have had since I was 10 but hey that's okay.  It was all totally worth it!  I think Brad and I even got to relax (a little).  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for a GREAT trip!!
(Sorry for all the pictures, can you tell we had a REALLY good time!!)


What a crew!

Max swimming by himself for the first time!!



Enjoying the BEACH!!!














My little Pirates



Ice Cream with Papaw



Ready for an ADVENTURE!

Maybe my goggles are a little too tight 

Kennedy Space Center


WORN OUT!!


No comments: