Thursday ended my second round of the 21 Day Fix Program. I am so excited about this particular program and all that the Beachbody company has to offer. Want to know more? Check out my Whys answers below. But first, the information that's scary for me to write about because it's so personal! I have been looking back for comparison pictures the last few days. You know what I found? I am either not in any of the pictures or am trying to cover myself up by holding a child. Craziness! Is that what I want my kiddos to look back and remember? Me maybe being there but hiding in the background. The crazy thing is, for me it's more about how I'm FEELING right now as opposed to how I look. I mean don't get me wrong, it's awesome to see changes in yourself physically. But, I'm really enjoying seeing the changes inside. I'm more energetic, less quick tempered, more at ease and generally not as stressed (as not as stressed as you can be with 4 boys!). So, I'm putting myself out there (scary!) for the hope that maybe it will help kick start someone on a journey of their own!
I think maybe there might be a few changes!
The before photo was taken just last Spring 2014!
The stats--comparing end of first round of 21 Day Fix to end of second round.
Weight: down 6.5lbs
Total inches lost: 6"
Total inches lost: 6"
So I thought this look was funny and wanted to put it out here, Ha. This is one of my favorite belts and a "go to" pair of pants I have had for years. My belt is now on it's last hole trying to hold up my obviously folded over pants. Would someone help me convince my husband I need should go shopping, ha!!
So, I few of the "whys" to questions that I have been asked. It has take me a little bit to really get to the root of the "whys". Maybe that's what we all are really looking for. What is motivating us?
What is so special about the 21 Day Fix program?
Really for me, it's just a program that clicked. I had been really trying to focus on working out and eating healthier starting in the Spring of 2014. What I found was I was "trying" and still not seeing any results. This program is perfect for those that are stuck in a rut or just getting started on a healthier journey. The workouts are 30 minutes, which can be accomplished on any crazy schedule. And, they have a ton of modifications to make it work for those just starting out or challenging for those that need the extra intensity. The important part for me is the food examples and portion control. Looking back I was eating a LOT of processed, easy to make foods. For a while, I would eat fairly well all day (or so I thought). Then, Brad and I would feed the kids dinner and wait until after they had gone to bed to have dinner ourselves. By that time, we were over hungry and wanted something fast. Mozzarella sticks and frozen pizza to the rescue!! Yummy, yes. Yet, sabotaging a days work. I needed planning and stability. This program is something I can stick with even after the 21 days are over. It's not a super crazy, you can't eat most everything kind of plan. It's a everything in moderation, stick to whole foods kind of plan. I love it and even my kids are changing their eating habits too!
Why drink Shakeology?
I personally LOVE Shakeology. I believe even if you have a great work-out plan and are already eating healthy, this product can boost your health. I've tried all different types of protein shakes never really liking or sticking with one. I actually look forward to drinking it every day. I can say without a doubt it has help me stay fuller longer and curbed many of my chocolate and salty cravings. It's jammed packed with vitamins and minerals I wasn't getting in my diet. I know the cost is a heavy question for most. First, I try to think of it like buying in bulk. Shopping at Sam's always seems like a fortune until you realize how far you get by buying in bulk. Second, I know I would spend just as much, if not more, buying the proper foods to make my own shake as healthy as a Shakeology shake. Maybe I have given up shopping trip to Target (yikes I know!). But, this is my healthy and well-being I need to take care of. If not just for me, but for my kids as well!
Why use Beachbody products?
I am a big fan of this company because I think they have a lot to offer those that can't make it to a gym. Gym memberships are hard sometimes. Either because of the cost or just hard to actually GET there. I'm a "gym" fan. Some are not. Beach Body offers a wide range of programs from PiYo to P90X to BodyBeast and everything in between. I think you can get a solid workout from any of their programs no matter what your fitness level. From a gym standpoint, I think personal trainers are awesome! You'll see why in a minute! But, not all of us are able to utilize a trainer or have the time to meet up with one at a gym. These different workout programs provide you with tools to push yourself to your best. Plus, the SUPPORT you get is AMAZING! There are so many people, thanks in part to social media, available to support you and answer your questions. I am thankful to be a part of a group of wonderful people that genuinely want to help others be the healthiest versions of themselves.
Why promote any of this and become a Coach?
Most people may not know but I actually graduated from college as an Exercise Science major. I wanted to motivate and teach people to be healthier. I took my studies in a more clinical route to work in Cardiology performing stress testing and heart ultrasounds on patients. I LOVED my job. Right now, for me, being a mom is job number one! And, I wouldn't have it any other way. I firmly believe, for me, there is no greater job than being a mom to my four little, crazy boys. But, I still enjoy helping people. Getting into this program has reminded me of that. I may not be able to make it into a gym to help people exercise or make it to the hospital to stress tests patients. With this company, though, I CAN help people make healthier lifestyle changes and motivate them to keep going. It's what I'm pulled to do. I cannot explain how over excited I am to be able to help others once again!! And, you can too! I mean who doesn't want a discount on great products and the ability to help someone on an awesome healthier journey!?!?
Why keep going?
I remember when I was working as an Exercise Physiologist performing stress tests we had SO many patients coming in for shortness of breath or chest pain complaints in their early 30's and 40's. Many of the overweight, beginning to suffer from physical ailments (high blood pressure, diabetes) and only able to walk about 3 minutes on a treadmill. Most of them would state that this condition just kind of crept up on them with the stresses of every day life. That's what I felt like was happening to me. Note the late night eating habits above!! I didn't want to not be able to play outside with my boys. I didn't want to not want to take them on a bike ride because I was too tired. Being healthier not only for myself, but for them is a huge reason to keep going.
Wow, this post really got long. Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to make a video! Until then, now you know my story and thoughts. Our AWESOME group is starting another 21 Day Fix round May 11. I'm trying out the 21 Day Fix Extreme program this round! If you have any questions AT ALL or just want more information please just let me know. It's a constant journey, not a destination! It's more fun doing with someone than alone!






No comments:
Post a Comment